Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a ton of "almost" Almond Roca-like bars, and there are no eggs in these. These are SO good, you won't be able to stop just at one bar LOL!
Top Review by Debbb
I am so sorry I made these bars!! My hubby & I ate the ENTIRE pan over the course of a weekend - I'm so ashamed - but they tasted so amazing! I only had 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal so I used that and increased the graham crumbs to 1 1/2 cups. I loved the sweet & salty together. I didn't bother chopping the peanuts so this recipe was very easy & quick to prepare. I'm sure these will be on my Christmas trays next year.
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml salted peanuts, very coarsely chopped (can leave whole also)
- 118.29 ml corn syrup
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 170.09 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet (can use a 13 x 9-inch pan also).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, baking soda and peanuts; mix well until combined.
- In another bowl, combine corn syrup with melted butter and vanilla; mix well and add to the oat mixture; mix to combine.
- Press into prepared baking sheet/pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes (don't over bake!).
- Melt the chocolate chips with peanut butter in the microwave or double boiler until smooth.
- Spread on warm bars.
- Refrigerate to slightly set the chocolate (this makes for easier and more even slicing).
- Remove from fridge and slice into small bars.