This makes a ton of "almost" Almond Roca-like bars, and there are no eggs in these. These are SO good, you won't be able to stop just at one bar LOL!
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet (can use a 13 x 9-inch pan also).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, baking soda and peanuts; mix well until combined.
- In another bowl, combine corn syrup with melted butter and vanilla; mix well and add to the oat mixture; mix to combine.
- Press into prepared baking sheet/pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes (don't over bake!).
- Melt the chocolate chips with peanut butter in the microwave or double boiler until smooth.
- Spread on warm bars.
- Refrigerate to slightly set the chocolate (this makes for easier and more even slicing).
- Remove from fridge and slice into small bars.
I am so sorry I made these bars!! My hubby & I ate the ENTIRE pan over the course of a weekend - I'm so ashamed - but they tasted so amazing! I only had 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal so I used that and increased the graham crumbs to 1 1/2 cups. I loved the sweet & salty together. I didn't bother chopping the peanuts so this recipe was very easy & quick to prepare. I'm sure these will be on my Christmas trays next year.
The pan is too big for the mixture. The batter didnt' occupy the whole sheet. IMPT: chill the bars (w/ frosting) or else the choclate/pnut butter top is wet and you'll make a mess slicing. These are Chewy bars, next time, i'll try only using chips for the frost on top instead of adding peanut butter, i think i tastes better with plain choclate frost. Thanks for this great and easy recipe.
My family says five star all the way!! I used mixed nuts instead of just peanuts, cause that's what I had, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I would suggest making these on parchment paper if using a non-stick pan, because they get very hard, and plastic cutting utensils won't work, so you'll have to use a real knife!