Recipe by Martina
As requested a baked recipe using peanuts. This one has the combination of chocolate and peanuts. From Robin Hood Baking Festival. Can be frozen as well.
Top Review by Debbb
I made these cookies to enter in the fair. Although I didn't place, my family (me included!) went nuts over these amazingly flavourful fudgey cookies! (I forgot to add my review then but was just looking for the recipe to make for my Christmas trays.) To save time, I didn't chop the peanuts & I really enjoyed the crunch of the whole peanut. My only other suggestion is to make sure that you cool the cookies before transferring (as the recipe states) or the cookies will crumble to bits. Thanks, Martina!
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (300 g) package peanut butter chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips and shortening in saucepan until smooth.
- Cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs and sugar on high speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes, or until top cracks, but cookies are still moist inside.
- Cool 10 minutes then transfer to racks; cool completely.