Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
A delicious chewy chocolaty treat. I have given the microwave version, although you may also use a sauce pan on the stove if preferred.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons chocolate peanut butter (or plain peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows (or 40 large marshmallows)
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and peanut butter for 30 seconds on HIGH or until melted.
- Add marshmallows, microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until just melted; Stir until smooth.
- Immediately add chocolate chips and vanilla extract, stir until chocolate is melted.
- Quickly add Rice Krispies and Cheerios Stir until well coated.
- Using a damp spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into 13 x 9 inch pan coated with cooking spray(or 9 x 9 inch pan for very thick bars).
- Cool in refrigerator or at room temperature; Cut into 2-inch squares when cool; Best if served the same day.
- Yield 24 squares.