Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
Soft, puffy, cakey chocolate cookies sandwiched together with a creamy peanut butter filling...another winning spin on a dynamic combination! A party favorite of my son's!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy using an electric mixer on medium speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla; blend 1-2 minutes more.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder alternately with the milk, blending well after each addition (1-2 minutes).
- Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoons 2" apart onto lightly greased (or parchment paper lined) cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until tops of cookies spring back when lightly touched. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a small bowl; blend with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Spread 1 level teaspoons filling on the flat side of half the cookies; sandwich with remaining cookies, flat side down.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
I used this recipe for the filling and it was excellent. This is the one I will use from now on. Guess I better try to make these cookies. Thanks!