Recipe by evelyn/athens
Peanut Butter and Chocolate are just 2 of my taste addictions. These truffles are fantastic, better than the peanut butter cups I used to devour while I was growing up.
Top Review by alisha.mills
These were easy to make and I even did the melting slowly in the microwave. I will warn that I used a higher quality darker chocolate and it wasn't very good. Next year we will do them with milk or semi-sweet. We had to let the ganache come back to a slower room temp to roll as it was hard as a rock after chilling 24 hours.
- 12 ounces best-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts, about
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine the chocolate, cream, butter and peanut butter and heat over moderate heat, stirring, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill for 4 hours, or until firm.
- Form mixture by heaping teaspoons into balls and roll lightly in peanuts.
- Chill on a baking sheet lined with wax paper for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Keep in an airtight container, chilled, for up to 2 weeks.