Recipe by TiaGem
The ULTIMATE combination of chocolate and peanut butter! Elegant and Easy! Adapted from a Baker's Chocolate pamphlet recipe. Prep time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by ChocolateMousse
I wasn't sure about this combination, but it worked up really well and they were delicious! Make sure the nuts are very finely chopped...almost nut dust...if you like a smooth, rich truffle. With all my truffles I use a 1 TBLS. scoop and lay them out on waxed paper, then refridgerate them. When firm, I lightly roll them into a 'perfect' ball shape, then roll them in coating. It cuts down on refrigerator time. Again, these were really good and I would make again.
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- powdered sugar
- finely chopped nuts
- coconut flakes
- multi-colored candy sprinkles
- chocolate sprinkles or vanilla candy sprinkles
- cookie crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate squares on high power for 1 minute.
- Stir chocolate and microwave for another minute or until chocolate is melted.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and mix in peanut butter until smooth.
- Let the mixture sit until it has cooled to room temperature.
- Mix in whipped topping and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Shape the mixture into one inch balls.
- Using a melon baller or teaspoon may make this easier.
- Roll the balls in your choice of coatings.
- This part is the most fun!
- Be creative!
- Store the balls in the refrigerator until serving or gift-giving time.
- These would make a nice gift if you placed the balls in paper candy holders and wrapped them up in a decorated tin or plastic container.