Recipe by newmama
adapted from Annies-Eats.com. prep and cook times do NOT include refrigeration time, plan ahead for this one!
- 32 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanuts, divided
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter (smooth, not natural)
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- for the crust: combine cookie crumbs, butter and salt until all mixed. press into the bottom and sides of a well greased 9 in springform pan. freeze10 minutes, then bake at 350 for 10 minutes. cool completely before filling.
- for the crunch: chop peanuts and mix 1 cup with the rest of the ingredients for crunch, set aside. reserve other 1/4 cup for sprinkling on at the end.
- for filling: beat chilled cream until soft peaks form, add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat until medium stiff peaks form.
- wipe out bowl (dont wash) and beat cream cheese with 1 cup powdered sugar until totally smooth.
- add peanut butter and milk, beat until smooth and combined- scraping down sides.
- fold in 1/4 of the whipped cream to lighten and stir in the crunch mixture (still leaving the 1/4 cup peanuts out).
- fold in the remaining whipped cream with a spatula until combined.
- scoop into the pan and gently smooth, refrigerate 1 hour then cover with plastic wrap for 6-24 hours.
- topping: heat cream to boiling. pour over chopped chocolate, let sit 1 minute and whisk until smooth. spread over the filling and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup peanuts and refrigerate at least 20 minutes to set.
- cut, serve, enjoy!