1/2 Photos of Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart With Caramel-Peanut Glaze
4 hrs 30 mins
This tart was originally served at Zarela in NYC, NY. I swapped out the crust for a chocolate one and added the chocolate swirled on top. Enjoy! Note: Cooking time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 prepared Oreo cookie pie crusts
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (chilled)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (chilled)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1For Crust:.
- 2Dump prepared pie crusts into a gallon size Ziploc bag and crush until it is all crumbs.
- 3Add melted butter and mix thoroughly until all crumbs are moistened.
- 4Press into bottom and up sides of a 9" fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- 5Bake crust in 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- 6For Filling:.
- 7Stir 1/3 cup brown sugar, 3 Tbs cream, and butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Cool completely.
- 8Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in brown sugar mixture.
- 9Using electric mixer, beat remaining 2 Tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 cream in another medium bowl until peaks form. Fold into peanut butter mixture.
- 10Transfer to crust and smooth top with spatula.
- 11Chill until set, about 3 hours.
- 12For Caramel-Peanut Glaze:.
- 13Stir brown sugar, butter, 1/4 cup water, 2 Tbs cream, and corn syrup in heavy medium sauce pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until candy thermometer registers 238°F (about 7 minutes). Remove from heat.
- 14Stir in remaining 2 Tbsp cream and 3/4 cup of peanuts.
- 15Cool just to lukewarm (about 15 minutes), then pour glaze atop filling, smoothing with a spatula.
- 16Melt chocolate chips and pour into a Ziploc bag. Cut a small piece off one corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate onto the tart in a spiral pattern, starting in the center. You should still have some chocolate left over.
- 17Using a knife, trace a line from the center of the tart to the edge 8 times, spacing evenly. In between those line, trace lines from the edge of the tart to the center. You should have 16 lines total, resulting in a web pattern (see picture).
- 18Using remaining melted chocolate, trace the lines of the "web" near the center of the tart to create a flower-like pattern. Pipe some chocolate in the center as well for the middle of the flower (see picture).
- 19Fill "petals" of the flower with chopped peanuts (you will probably not use all of the rest).
- 20Chill tart until set (about 30 minutes). Cut into wedges and serve.
- 21Note: Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart With Caramel-Peanut Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.5
- Calories from Fat 604
- Total Fat 67.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 756.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 43.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g