- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook together on low heat: syrups, sugar, salt, and water.
- Stir continuously until dissolved.
- Cook to 288°F on thermometer or until soft-crack stage.
- Add in melted chocolate.
- Pour into greased pan.
- When cool enough to pull, spread with peanut butter; fold over and pull enough to mix peanut butter well with candy.
- Cut into pieces.