1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
from "once upon a chef" - http://www.onceuponachef.com/2010/12/chocolate-peanut-butter-squares.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 22 nabisco famous chocolate wafers, finely crushed or 1 2/3 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 firmly packed tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 11 1/2 ounces high-quality milk chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 2For the crust, combine chocolate wafers, butter, and sugar in a food processor and pulse to combine until cookies are evenly crushed and combined with other ingredients.
- 3Press crust mixture firmly into the bottom of a prepared baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes, then set on a rack to cool completely.
- 4Make the filling by combining brown sugar, confectioners sugar, butter, peanut butter, and salt. Mix until just combined (do not whip). Put the bowl in the refrigerator.
- 5Make the ganache topping by combining the chocolate chips and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave at medium power (50%) for 60-90 seconds. Stir until the bowl no longer feels warm. Continue heating at 15-30 second intervals, stirring until smooth and melted. Do not overheat!
- 6Spread about 1/4 cup of chocolate mixture evenly over cooled crust. Place pan in freezer until chocolate is set, about 5-10 minutes.
- 7Spread peanut butter mixture into even layer over chocolate. Give chocolate ganache a quick stir to smooth any lumps, then spread evenly over top of peanut butter layer.
- 8Cover pan with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 1 hour to set. When firm, use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Keep refrigerated and serve cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.6
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark brown sugar