Prep 6 mins
Cook 1 hr
A favorite of peanut butter fans! From What's Cooking Magazine.
- Microwave chocolate in a large microwavable bowl on medium 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Gently stir in the Cool Whip.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Scoop peanut butter mixture with melon baller or teaspoon, then shape into 1in balls.
- Roll balls in icing sugar.
- Keep stored in refrigerator.
- *Variation: Prepare as directed, but roll in finely chopped pecans, coconut, grated chocolate, etc.
A decadent treat for my DH and I! This went together quickly and was very good. Thanks! Made for the Best of 2008 Cookbook tag.
This recipe made it into our Book #231450. 9/8/08 - Imagine Reese's peanut butter cups turned into a fluffy mousse. YEA!!!! I used chocolate morsels and whipped some fresh heavy cream for the cool whip to lighten the amount of sweetness in these little treats. I had a few white morsel chips so I melted them with a dash of cream and drizzled it over the tops which really complimented the mousse well. This is a fluffy, rich, light, and a very decadent treat that is definitely company worthy. I may do them as mini PB mousse cups using our mini muffin tin next time and brush the white chocolate onto the paper liners before filling them, yum!. :) Thanks Sam, this is a keeper. :)
These were really good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written but next time I think I would coat them with chocolate. Made for Please Review My Recipe game.