Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy! Wonderful versatile sauce, served with ice cream, pudding, parfaits, trifle, cakes, waffles & pancakes, or as a dip...with bananas or marshmallows.
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, good quality
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk, eagle brand
- 4 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place chocolate, peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk and 2% milk together in pot on medium heat stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the vanilla. Blend well, cool slightly -- best served warm.
- Store any remaining sauce in the fridge.
I made a half batch using UNSWEETENED chocolate squares and crunchy peanut butter, melting everything together except the 2% milk and vanilla, in a 750 watt microwave, in 2 minute increments for a total of 4 minutes. I then stirred in the vanilla and about 3 1/2 tablespoons 2% milk because I thought the sauce was a little thick. The sweetness was perfect! Tagged for Zaar Stars ~
This is simply totally outstanding! My whole family were going crazy - especially when DH exclaimed that 'it might be the best thing I ever tasted' and proceeded to walk off with the bowI which led to our youngest hanging on to his shirt to stop him :) HAHA. I cut the recipe back by half and used a 300 ml can of sweetened cond milk which is around 10 oz, in effect cutting the sweetened cond milk back by 1/3. Even half a recipe gave lots of yummy sauce that will stretch far, unless DH gets his hands on it. It seriously took only 3 min to make. This is going straight into my 'Best of 2011' file.
We loved this recipe. The peanut butter made it very yummy. Made for holiday tag.