Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this out of the plus sized women's magazine Figure (Jan/Feb 07 issue). This cookie looks impressive and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix together cookie dough, cocoa powder, and peanut butter pieces until combined. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Roll balls in coarse sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a glass, flatten the cookies to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are firm. Cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, and honey. Spread filling on bottoms of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down.
- TO STORE: Layer assembled cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container, cover. Store at room temperature for up to three days or freeze for up to three months.
- **Makes about 20-25 sandwich cookies.