Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
If you like Butterfingers, or any other chocolate & peanut butter combo candy bar, you'll love these!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Marg~oh where oh where has this magnificent treat been hiding all my life? This is perfect for two reasons~(well MORE then two) but right off the top, this tastes to me like a crunchy peanut butter cup. Secondly, I can make these totally vegan by substituting special dark chocolate and melting this in with the corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter. Oh this is over the top great. My son, Bryan (vegan) scarfed them down and there was a half of rice Krispie shell left in the bottom of the pan....I grabbed that before he could :D Thanks Marg, these were really terrific.
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil. Lightly spray the foil with vegetable spray.
- Mix sugar and corn syrup in 3 quart sauce pan until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well until melted.
- Add Rice Krispies, stirring until all are coated.
- Add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips and stir to distribute throughout. (Don't worry if they melt).
- Press into pan. Sprinkle remaining cup of chocolate chips over the top and press down slightly.
- Cool. Lift foil out of pan and cut into squares.
- I have found a pizza cutter works great for cutting them.