Recipe by internetnut
I don't know where the recipe comes from. I haven't tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 2 tablespoons 100% whey protein cocoa powder (1 scoop)
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon unswetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (2-3 packets)
- 1⁄8 cup coffee (just says coffee)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon natural-style peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (1 packet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients for cucakes besides the peanut butter, and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Melt the peanut butter in the microwave until runny, mix into chilled cupcake batter. Preheat oven to 450.
- In a normal-size cupcake pan, spray 2 of the cups with cooking spray until coated. Ladle equally into 2 of the cups until they are filled a little bit above the halfway point. This doesn't need to be perfect just make sure they won't overflow.
- Bake until the mixture has risen, but not entirely cooked. Test this by poking with a butter knife. If it comes out with the mix on it, your good to go. At this point, reduce the heat to 300, and bake until a butterknife comes out clean and the tops come out baked.
- Remove the cupcake tray from the oven and let stand for 1 minute, and remove with a small spatula. Top with frosting if desired. If making froting mix all ingredients together and place in freezer and chill until the frosting firms up a little bit.
- Tip: Replace chocolate protein powder with vanilla protein powder, the chocolate pudding with lemon pudding, and remove the cinnamon. Fill with fresh fruits or light dessert creams. Add a tablespoon of ground oats for each cupcake (they will be more filling). Add a hint of mint extract, coconut milk, or natural mashed pumpkin for extra delight.