Recipe by Mirj
One of the simplest and most delicious recipes around.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
Very yummy and very easy to make. I used 12 oz milk choc. and 6 oz bittersweet. I sifted the powdered sugar also and melted the choc. in the microwave. Didn't chop the choc. chips. :) Used only the 3/4 C peanuts. I used the parchment and spread it into a bar pan. Couldn't wait to try until it was thoroughly hard. Similar to another recipe I tried from a Tag game. I am more of a dark chocolate lover, but everyone else loves the sweeter kind.
- 18 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup peanuts, wholes and halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with either foil or parchment paper (I prefer the parchment paper).
- Melt the chocolate.
- You can do it either in a double boiler over hot, but not simmering water, or in a microwave, but use a lower setting, around 50%, so you don't scorch the chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate until it's smooth.
- Place the peanut butter in a small bowl and gradually stir in the powdered sugar.
- I sift the sugar by adding 5 tablespoons into a sieve and then stirring it through on top of the peanut butter.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the chocolate and stir until blended.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir in 3/4 of the peanuts and spread the mixture in the lined pan.
- Smooth the top, and then sprinkle the remaining peanuts over the top, pressing them lightly into the chocolate.
- Chill until firm, and then cut into squares.