Recipe by kittycatmom
Update! This pie is a peanut butter lovers dream! The crust is absolutely unique, and just delicious! Give it a try!!! "Cooking time" is chilling time. Plan ahead needs time to set up. 3 hours to 24 hours.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Had actually tagged this recipe intending to gift it to a PB-loving friend of mine, but after making it I decided to keep it right here at home ~ Really enjoyed the combo of PB & chocolate here, & the crust was amazingly good! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 3 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 (3 ounce) box chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Crush cereal. (To easily crush cereal, place in plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper, and crush with rolling pin.).
- In ungreased 9-inch microwavable pie plate, mix butter and 1 tablespoon peanut butter. Microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir until blended. Stir in crushed cereal until evenly coated. Press evenly on bottom and up side of pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Place in freezer.
- Make pudding mix as directed on box for pie filling, except after cooling 5 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of the 1/4 cup peanut butter; stir a few times just until melted and marbled throughout. Pour into crust.
- In microwavable measuring cup, microwave remaining 2 tablespoons peanut butter uncovered on High 30 seconds. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 24 hours until filling is set.