Recipe by KKelley
This one came from Martha Stewart Living - August '07. I haven't made it yet, but it seems pretty simple and I can't wait to try it out.
For the Crust
- 1 3⁄4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 36 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
For the Filling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, melted, for decorating
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter, melted, for decorating
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine wafer crumbs, butter, brown sugar, and salt. Press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake until set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Make the filling: Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and salt with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Whisk one-third of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, then gently fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon filling into cooled crust. Freeze, uncovered, at least 4 hours (or overnight, covered with plastic wrap).
- Place melted chocolate in a resealable plastic bag. Snip tip from one corner of bag to make a very small opening. Holding bag about 5 inches above pie, drizzle melted chocolate over top. Repeat with melted peanut butter. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook time includes freezing time.