Take a small slice, it's RICH! My husband and kids BEG for this pie, every family occasion, birthdays, you name it! This recipe makes 1 very large deep dish pie or 2 store bought graham cracker crust sized pies.
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust or 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup jiff creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (Softened)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 8 ounces baker's unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (4 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- chocolate shavings
- Peanut Butter Filling: with a hand mixer or food processor, mix peanut butter, cream cheese and butter, and salt. Slowly add the sugar and then the 1 tsp vanilla until well blended. Add peanut butter mixture to the pie plate (or plates if making 2 small pies), pressing down on all sides to make flat.
- Chocolate Mousse topping: Melt the unsweetened chocolate squares in a sauce pan on low. (Do not overheat or boil!) When the chocolate is completely melted, add sweetened condensed milk and remove from heat. Add remaining tsp vanilla and mix quickly. Cool to room temperature.
- Fold 12 oz cool whip into chocolate mixture. Add to pie plate(s) and refrigerate or freeze for faster setting time. Sprinkle chocolate shavings over the top, **Optional.