Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This yummy candy treat is so easy to make (only 3 ingredients!) and is a favorite with kids of all ages. Plan ahead, as they need to chill several hours.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large saucepan or in a large microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together.
- Stir until well blended and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add marshmallows and stir until they are well coated.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper covered cookie sheets.
- Refrigerate several hours or until firm.
These were good, and the recipe was very easy. I didn't have the problem other reviewers had of too few marshmallows BUT I added one cup of chopped walnuts to the recipe (in addition to using chunky PB). I really liked that added crunch, but the chocolate-PB combo here was just too rich for me. I wouldn't make them again (for myself), but if you like rich desserts, you might love these. I know I've seen or had similar things from sweets shops.
I have always made these in a 9" square pan (that I spray w' cooking spray), cool & cut in squares. They are tasty little treats. Sometimes, I add either 1/2 cup raisins or nuts for a change.
What a tasty little treat. I agree that it could have used some more marshmallows...I did add almost a cup more than the recipe said. I used creamy peanut butter because it's what I had, but I think that the crunchy would be better for some more textural difference. The peanut butter/chocoloate mix, like always, was fantastic. Thanks for posting!