Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Chocolate-Peanut Butter Peanut M&m Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus an additional
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut M&M's
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets using preferred method.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar and granulated sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Divide dough into two bowls.
- In one bowl, beat in additional 1/4 cup flour until combined; stir in 1/2 cup M&M's.
- In additional bowl, beat in cocoa powder until combined; stir in 1/2 cup M&M's.
- Lightly cover dough and chill in the refrigerator or freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Form dough into two balls, shape into logs, and wrap in separate pieces of plastic wrap; chill for 10 minutes.
- Place additional 1/2 cup peanut M&M's in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Remove cookie dough logs from freezer, press together, and roll into crushed M&M's to coat the outside.
- Cut log in half, wrap logs in plastic wrap, and chill for 10 additional minutes.
- Slice logs into 1/2-inch thick rounds, place on cookie sheets, and bake for 14-15 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.