Recipe by Mom2Rose
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
Top Review by lucky ladybug
These were nice...a lot of chocolate chips! (That's good, I think!) We gave some mix as gifts and made some for us, too. The gifts were pretty, but next time I would rearrange and break up the layers to make it more visually appealing (though it wasn't bad as it is written.)
- 177.44 ml flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml instant oats
- 78.07 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml peanut butter chips
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, oatmeal, brown sugar, peanut butter chips and then chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.