Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, oatmeal, brown sugar, peanut butter chips and then chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.