Recipe by KaraRN
Fudge like creamy center. From Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks Feb 2003 Best Family Meals from the Bake-Off. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated refrigerated walnut chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 24 pecan halves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut cookie dough in half crosswise. Cut each section in half lengthwise. With floured fingers, press dough in bottom of ungreased 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 for 16 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 mintues.
- In medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and water; mix well; (if necessary, add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture smooth) Drop spoonfuls of mixture over baked cookie crust; press evenly to cover crust.
- Spread melted chocolate chips over peanut butter mixture. If desired, decoratively swirl chocolate with fork. Garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Cut into bars.