Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Chocolate muffins with peanut butter chips. Sounds like these would be good warm or hot out of the oven. Haven't tried these yet but they sound great!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter chips
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, mix the next 3 ingredients, then add all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin cups, 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. If making jumbo muffins, then bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
A nice muffin recipe overall. It was a bit dense in texture but holds up well while eating. I wished there was more peanut butter flavor but my kids liked it as is. Very easy to change to a double chocolate muffin using chocolate chips too. Simple to make and I do like the use of the applesauce to help reduce fat and calories. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2010