Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are a delicious and rich quick bread for breakfast, brunch, and snacks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter and softened butter and beat well until combined.
- Add brown sugar and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In sifter or sieve, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Sift into peanut butter mixture; add milk, and stir until batter is smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched in center.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In small bowl combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons peanut butter; microwave on medium power for 1 minute, then remove and stir until smooth.
- Frost muffins.