1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
two lay ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix, without pudding (I use Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter morsels
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 2Pour into 2 lightly greased 8-inch round cakepans.
- 3Bake according to package directions.
- 4Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- 6Combine 2/3 cup whipping cream and peanut butter morsels in a small saucepan.
- 7Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until morsels melt and mixture is smooth; remove saucepan from heat.
- 8Stir in vanilla, and cool 25 minutes.
- 9Beat 1 1/3 cup whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 10Stir one-third of whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
- 11Fold into remaining whipped cream.
- 12Spread between cake layers; cover and chill.
- 13Bring remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream and butter to a boil in a small saucepen.
- 14Add chocolate morsels; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- 15Stir until morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
- 16Pour glaze over cake.
- 17Serve warm; or chill and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mousse Cake
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.0
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 123.7 mg
- Sodium 454.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g