Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
more sweets for the sweet - very good!!
Make and share this Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mallow Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (515 g) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup cold milk, divided
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 (198 g) jarjet-puffed marshmallow creme
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts
- 6 (1 ounce) baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F Mis dry cake mix, margarine and 1/3 cup milk until blended; press 2/3 onto bottom of 1/3x9 inch baking pan. Bake 12-14 minutes or until center is almost set; cool 3 minutes. Meanwhile mix peanut butter and remaining milk.
- Spread peanut butter mixture onto crust; top with small spoonfuls of marshmallow creame and remaining cake mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate; press gently into cake mixture.
- Bake 18 minutes or just until center is set. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
I actually use Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mallow Bars where I have the photo posted, but my computer or the site or whatever will not let me rate or save that recipe, so since the only difference is that recipe uses butter and this uses margarine, I'll go with it. This is a great recipe, it is not hard to put together and it tastes great. Do not overbake the first layer, or it will get dried out.
This seemed like a simple recipe but spreading the layers proved to be harder than I thought. It came out a little undercooked but was yummy just the same. Overall a good recipe but I think I would like it better without the peanut butter layer.