Recipe by Mary Jenny
Looking for an easy summer dessert recipe? Beat the heat with this simple recipe for a chocolate peanut butter ice cream torte.
Chocolate Peanut Crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 cups coffee ice cream or 8 cups chocolate ice cream or 8 cups peanut butter ice cream
- chopped peanut butter cup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crumbs and peanuts in a food processor and whirl until finely ground. Pour into a medium bowl and stir in butter until blended. Press onto bottom of a 9–inch (23 cm) springform pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place whipping cream, peanut butter, honey and chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until mixture is hot and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly and thicken.
- Let ice cream stand on counter for about 10 minutes to soften slightly. Spoon onto crust, smoothing the surface. Garnish outside edge of torte with peanut butter cups if using. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and return to freezer for at least 1 hour to firm.
- Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with chocolate peanut butter sauce (warm in microwave to thin slightly if it's been refrigerated) or spoon on side. Slice torte into wedges. Any extra sauce can be refrigerated up to a week.
- Prep time: 15 minutes.
- Cook time: 3 minutes.
- Freezing time: 1 hour.