1 hr 10 mins
Rich, decadent combination of two great flavors. I have an electric ice cream maker with a removeable, freezeable chamber. This makes enough batter to make 1 1/2 quarts of ice cream. I originally got this recipe after writing to Chef Bob Bowersox at QVC, after I saw him demonstrate this recipe. He very kindly sent me the recipe and I very kindly bought the machine. :) Plan ahead - you need to have your freezer chamber ready to go and you will also need to pre-chill the batter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to making ice cream. If you like your ice cream to be firm enough to scoop, then after freezing in the machine, you will need to put it in your regular freezer for a while to get harder. It is more of soft serve consistency when the machine completes its cycle. "Cook" time is about how long the machine takes to run its cycle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you are using an electric ice cream maker with a removeable chamber, make sure your freezing chamber is already frozen according to the manufacturer's directions.
- 2Combine peanut butter,egg substitutes,vanilla, sugar,and cocoa powder until very smooth.
- 3Mix in cream and half& half and combine well.
- 4Put this mixture into a pitcher, cover, and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- 5When you are ready to make your ice cream, set your freezing chamber into your machine (or follow the instructions on your machine if you have a diffrent type of ice cream maker).
- 6Stir the ice cream batter before adding to your machine and freezing according to the directions on your ice cream maker.
- 7Once the machine is finished, place ice cream (which may still be a bit soft but should not be runny when done) into an airtight plastic freezer container and let harden to the consistency you prefer.
- 8Homemade ice cream does not keep for more than a couple of days, so eat this up soon.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate & Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.8
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 123.7 mg
- Sodium 264.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 17.5 g