1/2 Photos of Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Roxanne J.R.'s Note:
This recipe is from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz. It is extremely delicious and uses no eggs or heavy cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
peanut butter patties
ice cream base
- 1For Peanut Butter Patties.
- 2Stir together the peanut butter and sugar in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- 3Cover a dinner plate with plastic wrap.
- 4Using a spoon and your finger, scoop up small pieces of the peanut butter mixture, about ½ teaspoon each, and drop them onto the wrap covered dinner plate.
- 5It may help to refrigerate the peanut butter for a few minutes, to make it less sticky.
- 6Once you’ve used all of the mixture, put the plate in the freezer overnight.
- 7For Ice Cream Base.
- 8Whisk together the half-and-half, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan.
- 9Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil (it will start to foam up).
- 10Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, stirring until thoroughly blended.
- 11Chill the mixture thoroughly then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 12After you’ve removed the ice cream from the machine, stir in the peanut butter patties by hand.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (847 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.1
- Calories from Fat 516
- Total Fat 57.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 464.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 45.7 g
- Protein 25.0 g