Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Jenny found this recipe when she was babysitting. Our whole family is a fan of chocolate and peanut butter. I took it to a potluck at school and it was so well liked that they had me make 2 for the next faculty meeting. It is rich, but the calories are worth it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- For crust, mix cake mix, egg, and 1 stick of melted butter with a large spoon and pat into the bottom and up the sides of pan.
- For filling mix cream cheese, peanut butter, and eggs together with mixer until smooth, scraping down the sides.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add melted butter to filling and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake 25 - 30 minutes.
- Check after 25 minutes.
- When it is done, the edges will pull away from the sides of pan and the filling will have browned, but middle should be very gooey. It will still jiggle.
SO GREAT! My whole family LOVED it, my daughter helped me make it, so easy to follow. We really loved the aroma it had while baking...totally filled the house!!!!
What a luscious dessert! I made this for my husband for his birthday because he loves peanut butter cups. I ended up passing the rest of the cake out to my grown children, because if it had stayed in the house, we would have eaten the whole thing. It was very rich and creamy. All of the kids have asked for the recipe, so it was a definite hit. I will definitely be making this again.