Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Ooey, gooey chocolate and peanut butter. The best combo ever!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons low-fat butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 0.5 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread peanut butter mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.
This was wonderful. Absolutely a great combination. Here it is during the great ice storm in SW Missouri... again.. third year in a row! We are eating some comfort food and enjoying a new recipe. Thanks!