1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge
At the risk of telling my age this is a recipe older than the hills. See tips and tricks below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a large sauce pot; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Add 2 tablespoons butter; stir until butter melts. Cover and boil mixture 3 minutes.
- 2Remove cover and continue to cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (234 degrees). Remove from heat and without stirring, add remaining butter, pecans, peanut butter and vanilla. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 3Beat mixture until well blended. You will feel the mixture thicken as you beat. Immediately pour into a buttered 9-inch square pan. Cool and cut fudge into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- 4TIPS & TRICKS:.
- 5Check you thermometer before beginning to determine an accurate read for the soft-ball stage. Remember that water boils at different temperatures at different altitudes. I cook mine until it reaches 236 degrees. I've read the best stage for fudge is between 236 and 238.
- 6Do not leave out the corn syrup. It's acts as a stabilizer.
- 7Absolutely do not stir mixture beyond Step 1. It WILL become grainy. Not often do I let it 'sit for 10 minutes' in Step 2, but this is used to prevent additional crystallization of sugar granules.
- 8Keep your fire low. I've found a slow simmer produces a smoother texture. It also keeps the milk from curdling.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (1148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1899.5
- Calories from Fat 760
- Total Fat 84.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.0 mg
- Sodium 692.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 283.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 259.4 g
- Protein 22.7 g