Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
- Butter an 11x7 baking pan.
- In heavy 3 qt saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, and cream of tartar.
- Add evaporated milk, light corn syrup, and margarine.
- On med hi heat, cook and stir, scraping down sides of pan, until mixture boils.
- Clip candy thermometer on pan.
- Reduce heat to med.
- Continue to cook until thermometer reads 238*.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Stir well.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Let set on counter top.
- Cut into pieces.
If you have not tried this recipe, do it now! We made one batch and had to immediately make another...it is so easy to make.
This is the best fudge. It's the good old fashioned kind I remember my Mom making. I am so happy to have found this recipe! Thank You!!
Very easy and quick to make....Taste as good as Macanac Island fudge or better!