Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
When spread on yellow cake or cupcakes, dessert becomes reminiscent of Tasty Kake's Kandy Kakes:) Yummy! But for those who dote on rich and intensely flavored bites, spread this on peanut butter or chocolate cakes:)
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Tasty! I used this recipe to frost a yellow cake. DH and I really enjoyed the flavor combination. The consistency was different than other frosting recipes I've made. It was very smooth and kind of glossy. This recipe made enough to cover my 9x9 cake with a little to spare. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 44.37-59.16 ml milk
- 354.88 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 59.14 ml sifted unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch process)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and salt until light and smooth.
- Blend in the vanilla and add 3 Tbsp.
- of the milk until well blended.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and cocoa powder, adding more milk, if necessary, to achieve a smooth, spreadable consistency.