Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
When spread on yellow cake or cupcakes, dessert becomes reminiscent of Tasty Kake's Kandy Kakes:) Yummy! But for those who dote on rich and intensely flavored bites, spread this on peanut butter or chocolate cakes:)
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 44.37-59.16 ml milk
- 354.88 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 59.14 ml sifted unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch process)
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and salt until light and smooth.
- Blend in the vanilla and add 3 Tbsp.
- of the milk until well blended.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and cocoa powder, adding more milk, if necessary, to achieve a smooth, spreadable consistency.
Tasty! I used this recipe to frost a yellow cake. DH and I really enjoyed the flavor combination. The consistency was different than other frosting recipes I've made. It was very smooth and kind of glossy. This recipe made enough to cover my 9x9 cake with a little to spare. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Pretty good. Peanut butter taste was more than I expected... thought it was going to be more chocolatey. Was very good, though.
This frosting was very good. I frosted my dtr's birthday cake with it, as she loves chocolate & peanut butter. I enjoyed the taste of the frosting, but did find the texture to be kind of greasy. I guess that shouldn't be a suprise with all of that peanut butter, but it certainly was a different consistency than most frostings I have tried. I tried adding some extra powdered sugar, which did cut the greasiness somewhat. But if you are a chocolate & p'butter fan, I would not let that stop you from trying this recipe, as the taste is really very good.