Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful creamy frosting! Make lots, double or triple the recipe and freeze in 1 cup containers, this frosting freezes well. Although you most certainly can use half and half cream, whipping cream produces a creamier texture for this frosting.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
Absolutely loved this! I had some plain graham crackers I wanted to use up and made this to have like a spread on them. It was wonderful! The peanut butter does not overpower the chocolate and vice versa. Wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (approximately)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sifted cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 -5 tablespoons whipping cream (unwhipped) or 3 -5 tablespoons half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl using an electric mixer mix/beat together peanut butter, butter and vanilla until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Stir in confectioners sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add in whipping cream or half and half, beat with mixer, until you reach desired consistency (you might have to use more than 2 cups confectioners sugar).