Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on Kraft's website originally. It is soooo delicious! It is the perfect dessert for after a hot, spicy dinner, as it soothes the palette (speaking from experience). Also just great in general! :) Cook time is freeze time.
- Crush 8 cookies in a ziptop bag with a rolling pin. Mix cookie crumbs and butter and press onto the bottom of a foil-lined 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently fold in 3 cups of whipped topping.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into a small bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate until well blended and set aside.
- Spoon half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over crust. Top evenly with chocolate mixture then cover with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm. Invert onto a plate; remove foil, then re-invert onto a serving platter so the crumb layer is on the bottom.
- Top with remaining whipped topping. Crush remaining cookies and sprinkle over top.
This was something out of the ordinary for me, & I was nicely pleased at how well they turned out & how tasty they are, but then we both like most anything that contains a combo of peanut butter & chocolate! As for the finished bars, I enjoyed them without the final topping while my other half wanted the whipped cream & crushed cookies! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef]