Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a tailgate pleaser. If you like the taste of puppy-chow mix you will love these!
Make and share this Chocolate Peanut Butter Footballs recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (10 ounce) packages mini marshmallows
- 12 cups crispy rice cereal (or your favorite breakfast cereal)
- Pam cooking spray or shortening
- 1 teaspoon meringue powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- powdered sugar
- For the footballs:.
- Melt together the butter, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
- Carefully fold in the cereal, make sure not to crush it.
- When the cereal is coated, lay it out on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes, or until you feel comfortable handling it.
- Grease your hands well (I spray pam right onto them) and start taking handfulls of the treat. Cup them in your palms and rotate them until they retain a football shape. Dont pack them too firm, or else you will have a hard treat.
- Lay the finished footballs on your cookie sheet until they are cool.
- For the Icing:.
- Mix the meringue powder and water, and then beat in as much powdered sugar as it takes to make a THICK frosting. You want it as thick as possible to prevent it from smearing on your footballs.
- Using a piping bag (or a plastic bag with the tip cut off), draw laces across the top of your treats and rings around both ends. Before you know it, your cereal treats have turned to footballs!
- Allow time for the icing to dry and Enjoy!