This is a tailgate pleaser. If you like the taste of puppy-chow mix you will love these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (10 ounce) packages mini marshmallows
- 12 cups crispy rice cereal (or your favorite breakfast cereal)
- Pam cooking spray or shortening
- 1For the footballs:.
- 2Melt together the butter, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
- 3Carefully fold in the cereal, make sure not to crush it.
- 4When the cereal is coated, lay it out on a greased cookie sheet.
- 5Let it cool for 5-10 minutes, or until you feel comfortable handling it.
- 6Grease your hands well (I spray pam right onto them) and start taking handfulls of the treat. Cup them in your palms and rotate them until they retain a football shape. Dont pack them too firm, or else you will have a hard treat.
- 7Lay the finished footballs on your cookie sheet until they are cool.
- 8For the Icing:.
- 9Mix the meringue powder and water, and then beat in as much powdered sugar as it takes to make a THICK frosting. You want it as thick as possible to prevent it from smearing on your footballs.
- 10Using a piping bag (or a plastic bag with the tip cut off), draw laces across the top of your treats and rings around both ends. Before you know it, your cereal treats have turned to footballs!
- 11Allow time for the icing to dry and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Footballs
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 188.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: