Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Kelly, the leader of one of the stationary cycling classes at our local Y.
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup dried fruit (I used a combination of raisins and dried cranberries)
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- Combine cereal, oats, dried fruit, peanuts and flax seed in a large greased (or sprayed) bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, peanut butter and honey over medium heat. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Press into a greased (or sprayed) 9x13 pan. Chill before cutting.