Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have made these twice in one week and plan on making them again soon, they are amazing!...a chocolate cookie packed with chocolate and peanut butter chips, the texture is perfect and when left out until the next day (if have any left that is!) they crisp up a bit! You can make a double recipe and freeze the dough if desired.
Top Review by Brenda.
Yummy cookies with a nice texture. These were so amazing fresh from the oven, I can understand why you recommend making a double batch! I used parchment paper lined cookie sheets vs greasing the sheets and that worked out well. I got about 54 cookies from a single batch. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (do not use Dutch cocoa)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter, baking chips (can use less)
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°.
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- Prepare a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.
- Beat in flour mixture just until combined (the dough will be thick).
- Stir in both baking chips.
- If desired you can refrigerate the dough until ready to bake.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons about 2- inches apart onto cookie/baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are just set and begin to crack on top.
- Cool cookies on sheets for 1 minute and then transfer to racks to cool completely.