Recipe by mielhollinger
For years, the idea of making your own peanut butter cups seemed a laborous task. Now thanks to the efforts of vegan pioneers, recipes like this are only a little harder than making ice. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
Top Review by Hollyn86
I just made this and followed the recipe but found that I could only fill 7 of the baking cups. I had to increase the recipe thus using 3/4 cup vegan margarine, 1.125 peanut butter and graham crumbs, 0.375 stevia natural sweetner I didn't have to increase the chocolate chips & soy milk (I used almond) quantities called for. Anyone else have this issue?
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter or 3⁄4 cup other nut butter
- 3⁄4 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup dry sweetener
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup carob chips
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 12 paper baking cups
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine.
- Once liquified, stir in the peanut butter, graham crumbs, and sweetener until well incorporated.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the peanut mixture into the muffin tins lined with cupcake paper liners (the liners are important).
- In a different small saucepan on medium heat, melt the chocolate and milk together until completely melted, stirring often.
- Spoon over top of the peanut butter cups.
- Garnish with nuts and allow to set in the fridge for 6-8 hours before serving.