Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
great for holidays
- 24 ounces chocolate, kind you make lollipops out of
- 1 (18 ounce) jar crunchy peanut butter or 1 (18 ounce) jar smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 2 peanut butter cup candy molds; you can find the chocolate in cake and candy stores or michael's craft stores, in the candy making supplies.
- melt chocolate in double boiler on top of stove (careful not to get any water in it).
- Mix peanut butter and softened butter together with a spoon.
- Add sugar and kneed with hands until smooth.
- This mixture can be rolled into a ball and dipped in chocolate or used for centers in the bon bon mold.
- To make peanut butter cups, put a small amount of melted chocolate into the bottom of the peanut butter cup mold, add a patty of this peanut butter mixture, then cover with more melted chocolate.
- Put into the freezer section of the refrigerator for about four minutes then turn over and tap out finished candy.