Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
A moist chocolate cupcake with a peanut butter filling is one of my family favorites. This is a simple recipe using a cake mix and an easy technique to fill the cupcakes.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4-serving size)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 4 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup planters dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Prepare cake mix and bake in 24 paper-lined muffin cups, as directed on package.
- Cool only 30 minute (Cupcakes need to still be warm to fill.)
- POUR milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute or until well blended. Add peanut butter; beat well. Spoon into small freezer-weight resealable plastic bag or pastry bag; seal bag. (If using plastic bag, snip off one of the corners from bottom of bag.) Insert tip of bag into center of each cupcake; pipe in about 1 tablespoons of the filling.
- MICROWAVE whipped topping and chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 minute or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 minute Dip the top of each cupcake into glaze.
- Sprinkle evenly with peanuts. Store cupcakes in refrigerator.