Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a GREAT cake that can easily go to a pot luck or picnic or just about anywhere else too! It is so good and everyone LOVES it! My family enjoys it and so do all my co-workers. It tastes like a peanut butter cup! It is a MUCH requested recipe. I promise it will be a much requested recipe at your house too if you give it a try!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1 (16 ounce) canstore-bought milk chocolate frosting
- Mix together all the dry cake ingredients in a large bowl.
- Bring to a boil the water and margarine.
- Pour over the dry cake mixture and add 2 beaten eggs, 1/2 cup buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Coat a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan with a non-stick spray and pour in cake mixture.
- Bake cake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Frosting: You MUST FROST this cake while still hot/warm from the oven.
- Mix together well the 1/2 cup peanut butter with the can of milk chocolate frosting in a small bowl.
- Spread on top of still warm cake.
- Let cake cool to room temperature and serve.
Made this to satisfy a pb-choc craving and it sure does the trick! I especially love the hint of cinnamon in the cake. An easy-to-make, absolutely delicious cake. Thanks for posting!
Very rich and delicious. I think I'd like more peanut butter in the frosting though. I cut mini pb cups in half and pressed half into each piece of cake.
My DD wanted this for her birthday cake! Everyone loved it & the recipe goes into my keepr file. Thanks!