Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
YUM! YUM! I got this recipe several years ago out of an issue of Redbook. These are one of my favorites and will probably be yours if you love chocolate and peanut butter together as I do.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) package peanut butter cups, each cup cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (1 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat until thoroughly blended after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir peanut-butter-cup pieces into dough along with chocolate chips.
- Drop dough, 3 tbsps per cookie, onto ungreased large cookie sheets; spacing about 1" apart.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until dry and slightly firm to the touch.
- Let cookies cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; using wide metal spatula, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.
Loved it. I modified it a little. I omitted the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Scooped up the dough in a 1 tsp. cookie scoop. Put them in paper lined tassie pans and baked for 13 min. I then took them out of the oven and pressed a mini peanut butter cup on top. Hubby thought they were great. The recipe made almost 7 dozen with the small scoop. Great christmas cookie. It"s a keeper.
These are very goood. There are nice pieces of Peanut butter cup in the cookie. I added 1/2 of chocolate chips and that still wasn't enough. Not sure what's up with the 1 ounce of chocolate chips in the directions. Next time I will add a 12 ounce package. These are a hit!! YES YUM YUMMM!!