Recipe by mailbelle
Makes BIG cookies. Recipe transferred verbatim from the pull-out recipe card from Redbook magazine. There are other recipes with the same name posted on Zaar, but the ingredient amounts are different.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 5 (2 ounce) packages peanut butter cups, each cup cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla about 3 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat until thoroughly blended after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir peanut-butter-cup pieces into dough along with chocolate chips.
- Drop dough, 3 tablespoonfuls per cookie, onto ungreased large cookie sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes until dry and slightly firm to touch.
- Let cookies cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, and then move to wire racks to cool completely.