Recipe by lucy k.
I clipped this from a magazine -- can't remember which. It is credited to 'The Inn at Cedar Falls' in Logan, Ohio.
Top Review by JillAZ
These cookies are delicious! I made them today and all of my kids LOVED them! I asked them how many stars and it was a definate 5! Very easy to make. The chocolate and peanut butter go great together. I did add 1/2 tsp.(about - I eyeballed it) of vanilla to the batter. If you wet your fork with a little water it doesn't stick to the dough when you are making the criss cross pattern. The dough is rather soft. These are a definate keeper. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter baking sheets.
- Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars in a large bowl until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, and blend into peanut butter mixture until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form into 1 inch balls, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork Bake about 10 minutes, until dry on top and golden brown on bottom.
- Cook on racks.