Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I clipped this from a magazine -- can't remember which. It is credited to 'The Inn at Cedar Falls' in Logan, Ohio.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter baking sheets.
- Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars in a large bowl until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, and blend into peanut butter mixture until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form into 1 inch balls, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork Bake about 10 minutes, until dry on top and golden brown on bottom.
- Cook on racks.
These cookies are delicious! I made them today and all of my kids LOVED them! I asked them how many stars and it was a definate 5! Very easy to make. The chocolate and peanut butter go great together. I did add 1/2 tsp.(about - I eyeballed it) of vanilla to the batter. If you wet your fork with a little water it doesn't stick to the dough when you are making the criss cross pattern. The dough is rather soft. These are a definate keeper. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very yummy. I substituted 1/2 cup of flour for a 1/2c. of coco for a choclaty taste, although you could definatly taste the peanut butter. Will make again!